free website stats program Check that tire pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

Check that tire pressure

Alamo

Just a heads up. Temps are cooling off. Air contracts when cold expands when hot. We all know that. Checking the ride out Friday night for a long ride Saturday. Rear had 30 psi. Glad I took the time to check. Some thing we (or me anyway) don't give much thought. Ride safe. :TEXAS

Good point - also works to have the bike up on a shop pad, or platform. I've got a "rubberized" garage mat & it keeps the tires off concrete which helps.

Anyone ever swap their air for nitrogen? I did this w/both vehicles & haven't had to add any pressure for over a year...

I check my PSI at least once a week over kill yeah but I do alignments for a living and its second nature for me low PSI causes way too many unwanted problems and tire wear and takes so little time JMO

Maybe a self fulfilling prophechy. 116 miles from home on a 370 mile round trip Saturday. From Waco down to the Shiner Brewery. I took a stop/break. I noticed rear tire looked low. Sure enough it had a small nail in it. Luckily I had loaded my plug kit and cig lighter air compessor before I left. Got it plugged and aired up. Made it back home. All in all an interesting day. Ride safe.:TEXAS

Was riding my old 1980 Goldwing Thursday and noticed the front seemed mushy. Checked the tires,both should be 32 psi.The front was 27psi and rear 28psi. Rode again after airing up,impossible to imagine 5 psi could make that much difference. The pressure had been constant all summer. Bad on me for not checking before riding :(

hmmmm ive heard and read alot about nitrogen but 1 year you got to show me

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked mine prior to ride yesterday and both were down around 8 psi. :s

Only reason I say that is because Iceman did say Vehicles(s) which means at least 4X2= 8 test samples. I could see maybe 2-3 test samples out of the 8 pulling it off but 8 out of 8 would be a tall order.
He may be using those Hi quality metal tire valve caps w/ the O-rings in them. That does help offset leaking tire valves. I do find that those really do help.

Back