free website stats program Check engine on,front injector open code. | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine on,front injector open code.

2blueking

Ok to make a short story long,When I turn on the ignition then the start switch,the engine light comes on as normal & goes out as normal,but quickly comes back on for a few seconds then goes out.If I start while it's on,it will stay on.Otherwise stays out for the ride.Make sense?lol. Anyway, checked the codes & it shows front injector open,low efi. Is there a fix for this without replacing the injector or do I just need to replace the injector??BTW,the bike seems to run just fine,nothing noticed other than the light,but I'm not gonna ignore it.Thanks!!!

Ok to make a short story long,When I turn on the ignition then the start switch,the engine light comes on as normal & goes out as normal,but quickly comes back on for a few seconds then goes out.If I start while it's on,it will stay on.Otherwise stays out for the ride.Make sense?lol. Anyway, checked the codes & it shows front injector open,low efi. Is there a fix for this without replacing the injector or do I just need to replace the injector??BTW,the bike seems to run just fine,nothing noticed other than the light,but I'm not gonna ignore it.Thanks!!!

Wiggle the injector wire see if it throws a code some times the wire loom is a bit short and the wires will get in a bind:s

I have a 2006 Ultra that had a code that I cleared yesterday. A little research into my service manual found that if the check engine light comes on for 8 seconds after the normal start sequence, then goes out, it means that there is a stored code that is not current. That sounds like your situation if I read it correctly. If the light stays on after start, then it is a current code. Since your engine runs normally, I recommend clearing the stored code per the procedure in the service manual. Then you can see if it comes back again. That way the light will go out after start and not reappear unless you get a new code or the same code thrown again. Mine has not reappeared after numerous starts after clearing it. However, I don't believe my sequence will work for yours. My friend has a 2003 FLHR and his works differently. If you don't have a service manual, maybe one of the guys here can tell you how to clear it. Good luck.

I have a 2006 Ultra that had a code that I cleared yesterday. A little research into my service manual found that if the check engine light comes on for 8 seconds after the normal start sequence, then goes out, it means that there is a stored code that is not current. That sounds like your situation if I read it correctly. If the light stays on after start, then it is a current code. Since your engine runs normally, I recommend clearing the stored code per the procedure in the service manual. Then you can see if it comes back again. That way the light will go out after start and not reappear unless you get a new code or the same code thrown again. Mine has not reappeared after numerous starts after clearing it. However, I don't believe my sequence will work for yours. My friend has a 2003 FLHR and his works differently. If you don't have a service manual, maybe one of the guys here can tell you how to clear it. Good luck.
Harley Davidson Community This should do it:s

The wiring harness was strapped too tightly on the rubber mounted engines from the factory and the front injector wire breaks inside the insulation right near the injector plug.

Harley Davidson Community

The 04 and 06 models use the same DTC sequence.

Thanks guys !! I cleared the code today & then ran it for awhile,checked for a code afterwards & nothing faulted!Gonna keep an eye on it for awhile though.Thanks again for the help.

I'm having a 0261 & 0263 code come up
And getting lots of hesitatio when I try to hammer the throttle.
Can you tell me what you did that fixed your issue 2blueking?

Back