free website stats program check engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

check engine light

flosey

After I start my 04 dyna low rider my check engine light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes out. I just replaced my battery.Anyone have any thoughts on this? Will it hurt me engine? Thanks

After I start my 04 dyna low rider my check engine light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes out. I just replaced my battery.Anyone have any thoughts on this? Will it hurt me engine? Thanks

Mine (07) does that sometimes too. So I'm interested in hearing any responses also.

Wow been a member for almost 2 yrs there flosey and only 3 posts. Good to hear from you again.

Sounds like nothing to me ... but if youre worried get it checked out . do your own service ? if not metion it to them when ya go in for the next one and have them hook it up to the computer. also you could try to disconect the battery again and reinstall it . check connections . That doesnt work see if it is putting out a code . shearch for the diagnostics for that year and model . might help . good luck brother

Glad to hear it.

Course my truck has service engine light on all the time and I have ignored it for years.

My truck hates my bike.

I leave the truck out in the weather, the bike stays in the garage.

I wash and polish the bike, the truck well... just kinda on it's own most of the time.

I burn hi test in the bike, the truck regular.

Yep my truck hates my bike.

I hear ya .. kinda the same story here but ill add the wife to the list too LOL . well she only hates it when she's not on the back :s .

Follow Gliders directions. Saved me a bundle. Only my light would stay on for a few minutes before it went out. Tiurned out to be a bad temp. sensor which I changed myself. Run the diagnostics and get the code. Like I said Glider is a big help.

Glad to hear it.

Course my truck has service engine light on all the time and I have ignored it for years.

My truck hates my bike.

I leave the truck out in the weather, the bike stays in the garage.

I wash and polish the bike, the truck well... just kinda on it's own most of the time.

I burn hi test in the bike, the truck regular.

Yep my truck hates my bike.

LOL I love it and its so true, I washed and waxed the truck out of guilt

Back