free website stats program Check Engine Light | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Engine Light

Finally got the bike in to have this done last week.
Arrived at dealer with priors to knowing what needed to be done, in addition to being no charge for the download patch, they also washed the King for free. Seems to actually run better than before the service. Still no light issues, hope this fixed it. Thanks again for the info.

Glad they finally hooked you up. It's entirely possible that the upgrade they did dealt with other issues in the programming of the ECM so you may see a better running bike as an extra.

Glad your story ended with a happy ending.

Thanks again for all the info, took her in last weekend and had the stage 1 air cleaner and download installed, well worth the $$. Ride safe.

Hello All,

I am trying to get the codes off my 03 Ultra but am having difficulty locating the diagnostic test port. I have one under the electronics cover on the right side, it has 4 pins sticking straight up but they aren't numbered. Is this the correct plug? If so, how do I determine which pins are 1 & 2?

Thank you,
Jeff

Ok, found the numbers, they are on the back side of the plug.

I followed the instructions provided on this website for 03's to get engine codes but the engine light never came on. I waited with the jumper installed for about 30 seconds and nothing happened.

Any other suggestions?

Jeff

Ok, more information.

I remembered something the salesman told me when I bought the bike, it would go into a diagnostic mode by holding the mileage trip reset button and turning the ignition on, similar to the 04-08 models.

I had the following information appear in the mileage window, maybe someone can tell me what it means.

d01CLR thru d10CLR on each push of the reset button
then PPU
then the numbers 82883

If anybody has a clue I would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff

Ok, more information.

I remembered something the salesman told me when I bought the bike, it would go into a diagnostic mode by holding the mileage trip reset button and turning the ignition on, similar to the 04-08 models.

I had the following information appear in the mileage window, maybe someone can tell me what it means.

d01CLR thru d10CLR on each push of the reset button
then PPU
then the numbers 82883

If anybody has a clue I would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff

It's all in the self help forum...

Diagnostics, Alarms/Security, and Fuel Injection Related. - Harley Davidson Community

Back