free website stats program Check engine light question | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light question

173ABN

2007 softail deluxe TFI, slipons, and AC. All this was installed 5000 miles ago bike has 10000 miles now. Today the check engine light came on and stays on. Ran diagnostic test and shows problem is code p1353 and part # 31919-07. no comp front cylinder EFI. The bike runs great with no indication of problem. Any info would help. I do have extended Warranty on bike and would like some input before going to the dealership and them telling me it is from the Dobeck TFI.

Most likely something in the secondary side of the ignition. Things like a bad spark plug wire, bad plug, poor coil tower contact or corrosion on coil tower or spark plug terminal. Since the bike does run perfect with no ignition break down, the code can be erroneous due to ion sensing circuit itself which is within the coil. I would say that would be worse case (a bad coil).

Thanks Hoople I think you were dead on. Checked the front plug and plug wire and only found the wire from coil to front cylinder a little loose on the coil end all else seems good. Started up and the check engine light is off so I think we got it. Im glad I didnt have to argue at the dealership about the TFI It is the best money i have ever spent on the bike. Again Thanks "U da Man"

Back