free website stats program Check engine light, problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light, problem?

Ok I have a 07 883 sportster, I put drag pipes on back in 08, with no fuel processor it ran fine. The pipes started pitting and blistering so I put my stock pipes back on, now the check engine light comes on. I bought Radii drag pipes and still the light comes on. should I get new o2 sensors or put a fuel processor in?

Ok I have a 07 883 sportster, I put drag pipes on back in 08, with no fuel processor it ran fine. The pipes started pitting and blistering so I put my stock pipes back on, now the check engine light comes on. I bought Radii drag pipes and still the light comes on. should I get new o2 sensors or put a fuel processor in?

Check codes:

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

I think this will work for your bike. Let us know.

TQ

Thank you for the codes, I did it and I got PO134 and PO152 I cleared it out I will take it for a ride tomorrow and see if the check engine light stays off. PO152 is rear sensor running rich, should I buy new O2 sensors, put baffles in my drag pipes or get a fuel processor? thank you TQuentin1:D

Thank you for the codes, I did it and I got PO134 and PO152 I cleared it out I will take it for a ride tomorrow and see if the check engine light stays off. PO152 is rear sensor running rich, should I buy new O2 sensors, put baffles in my drag pipes or get a fuel processor? thank you TQuentin1:D

Weird that it is running rich. Normally when changing out the AC and the pipes (especially to drags) the opposite is true. Did you put AR cones in at the heads in front of the pipes? Did you get a factory download when you upgraded? You can try switching the O2 sensors and see if the fault code switches with that change. That would point to a sensor problem. If it hits again on the rear, it is something else.

Fuel manager is gonna allow you to ADD more fuel, not take any away unless you go for a tuner. Don't think you need to take that step yet.

TQ

I did nothin I have the Radii curvandi pipes with no baffles, K&N air filter, thats all. I really dont care about performance I just dont want to burn my valves up like some guys say. Some say I have to remap it or get a fuel processor. what do you think?

I did nothin I have the Radii curvandi pipes with no baffles, K&N air filter, thats all. I really dont care about performance I just dont want to burn my valves up like some guys say. Some say I have to remap it or get a fuel processor. what do you think?

Too much fuel is not gonna burn your valves. The opposite is true. I think you may need to get a "fuel processor" which is a fuel manager like the TFI. That will allow you to richen up the A/F ratio so that the engine runs better. But you need to find out if there is truly a problem as indicated by the code (this could be a bad fuel injector, or something else), or if the O2 sensor may be bad. Try switching them like suggested above and then ride the bike. If it throws the code again on the front this time, it is the sensor, and you have your answer.

The TFI is a very simple plug and play fueler that will allow a bit more gas to the cylinders and you will feel the added performance in the seat of your pants. We can deal with that topic once the first issue is resolved.

TQ

OK thank you I'm gonna ride tomorrow and see if the light comes on, if it does I will go and get new O2 sensors and see what happens. If the light comes on after I put them in I will check the code and see if is the same two codes. If so I will get a fuel processor ....thanks again TQ:D

As TQ says more fuel will not burn the valves too little will and they run too lean from the factory:s

OK thank you I'm gonna ride tomorrow and see if the light comes on, if it does I will go and get new O2 sensors and see what happens. If the light comes on after I put them in I will check the code and see if is the same two codes. If so I will get a fuel processor ....thanks again TQ:D

Again, if the code you get is that the rear is running rich, a fueler will not solve that. I do think you want to get a TFI to adjust the A/F ratio so that the bike runs a little richer, but if you have a code thrown that the rear is rich already, the fueler is not gonna help. Need to swap the position of your existing O2 sensors to see if the code switches to the front cylinder. This will confirm that the O2 sensor is bad.

BTW - you are sure that the O2 sensors were installed in the correct pipe when the pipes were changed. Front to front, rear to rear.

You might get a good fuel injection system cleaner and put that in the gas tank at the recommended treatment concentration. If your rear injector is sticking, that might help but you may need to burn through a couple of treated tank fulls before it will really make a difference. But don't over-treat, cause that might impact the O2 sensors.

TQ

the front and rear factory o2 sensors on my bike are identical

Back