free website stats program check 1, 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

check 1, 2

Don't forget to check your tire pressure! My sister in law is taking an experienced rider course tomorrow so my brother was in the garage checking the pressure on her tires. Glad I wandered out, my brother has got cancer and a ruptured disc in his back so he is on all types of medication that make him...not quite all there. He had both tires inflated to OVER 50psi !!! Just goes to show, two heads are better than one, even on simple things. And always double check your work.

Don't forget to check your tire pressure! My sister in law is taking an experienced rider course tomorrow so my brother was in the garage checking the pressure on her tires. Glad I wandered out, my brother has got cancer and a ruptured disc in his back so he is on all types of medication that make him...not quite all there. He had both tires inflated to OVER 50psi !!! Just goes to show, two heads are better than one, even on simple things. And always double check your work.

Good Tip, i am sure alot of us forget and just go.

best wishes to your brother, and i hope he beats it

Yep, good advice. I don't have personal experience on this so not sure if it's true or not, but I have heard that when you can visually "see" that a m/c tire is low on air, you're darn near flat. Never had a tire that's gotten that low on me but if true, another good reason to check those tires. Check 'em with a gauge that is.

With experience, not that this is a fool proof method before riding and tires cold, by tapping on tires with boot have learn the sound of properly filled tires. If sound is off I check tires and sure enough pressure will be off. Always spend some extra cash on a good tire gauge for it is a very important tool.

With experience, not that this is a fool proof method before riding and tires cold, by tapping on tires with boot have learn the sound of properly filled tires. If sound is off I check tires and sure enough pressure will be off. Always spend some extra cash on a good tire gauge for it is a very important tool.

Agree, I hate buying tires I will check them at least once a week Overkill, I dont think so JMO:D

I've not heard of the boot tap trick for a quick check on tires. Do you tap on the sidewall with say the left front side of your foot, or tap the tire straight-on with the front of your boot?

I've not heard of the boot tap trick for a quick check on tires. Do you tap on the sidewall with say the left front side of your foot, or tap the tire straight-on with the front of your boot?

Either will work, truckers use a bat or a hammer:p

yep, i'll agree, it's very important to check the tire pressure, along with checking the overall condition of the tires

i normally check mine once a week

checked 'em both about a month ago, all was good, the next day i pulled 'em both for a new set of tires, & found a nail in the rear that wasn't there the day before, checker the pressure & it was still good, but would have hated to run that rear for another 6 days 'till my next tire weekly check ( got lucky on that one )

Back