free website stats program Cheap way to Scavenge oil in a newer DYNA???? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cheap way to Scavenge oil in a newer DYNA????

I have to agree with you there, I did it on mine on every change and the oil stayed clean longer.

I also did the Rogue System the other day on my Dyna. I pulled about 24 oz of dirty oil out also. It is now actually hard to see the oil on the dip stick when I check it because the oil is so clean.

I do have to admit it is a few extra messy steps so it may not be for everyone. But it does work.

Just have a roll of paper towels handy! :p

On the newer dyna's (2006 up) if you remove the oil filler plate you can access the return port for the oil. It will be the top hole under the plate.

Take a plastic hose 90º fitting the right size. You can buy them at lowes or get vacuum hose fitting at autozone. You can do the same thing you see on rogue's site.

Put the 90º on the hose and hold it in the hole.

tn389s3.jpg

Make your own oil puck.

This is for 3/4"-16 threads for the oil filter. Summitt Racing has these for different threads.

1 - Perma-Cool 111 $11.95 + 4.95 shipping.
1 - 1/8" pipe plug
2 - 1/2" pipe plugs
2' - hose to slide over the return line. Walmart or lowes around $3

I drilled sideways through to combine the chambers. I drilled down through one of the ports to enlarge the hole.

The 1/8" pipe plug goes in the sideways hole.

I used brass plugs because I had them. Galvanized or black pipe will cost less than $3.

tn390s3.jpg

tn391s3.jpg

WLBowers - pure genius, amazing job and well thought out :cheers

On the newer dyna's (2006 up) if you remove the oil filler plate you can access the return port for the oil. It will be the top hole under the plate.

Take a plastic hose 90º fitting the right size. You can buy them at lowes or get vacuum hose fitting at autozone. You can do the same thing you see on rogue's site.

Put the 90º on the hose and hold it in the hole.

tn389s3.jpg

Make your own oil puck.

This is for 3/4"-16 threads for the oil filter. Summitt Racing has these for different threads.

1 - Perma-Cool 111 $11.95 + 4.95 shipping.
1 - 1/8" pipe plug
2 - 1/2" pipe plugs
2' - hose to slide over the return line. Walmart or lowes around $3

I drilled sideways through to combine the chambers. I drilled down through one of the ports to enlarge the hole.

The 1/8" pipe plug goes in the sideways hole.

I used brass plugs because I had them. Galvanized or black pipe will cost less than $3.

tn390s3.jpg

tn391s3.jpg

Back