free website stats program Charcoal cannister removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Charcoal cannister removal

Other than cosmetic, any reason why you want to remove the closed fuel system vapor store charcoal evaporative control. It basically keeps the vapors stored until you first fire up engine, where the vapors get pulled into the intact tract rather than vented to open air and does not affect your fueling or available horse power in the slightest. Other thing, if you have state/local inspections, they will need to confirm the Evaporative Control System is working properly...just curious.

I havn't removed mine yet because I'm pretty supportive of the Ca. emmissions control efforts but HD says I can't install an oil cooler with it there, plus it does look pretty ugly. My ZX12R cannister is in the tail hidden away and its still there after 43K miles. As of now Ca does not do after sales inspections.

Other than cosmetic, any reason why you want to remove the closed fuel system vapor store charcoal evaporative control. It basically keeps the vapors stored until you first fire up engine, where the vapors get pulled into the intact tract rather than vented to open air and does not affect your fueling or available horse power in the slightest. Other thing, if you have state/local inspections, they will need to confirm the Evaporative Control System is working properly...just curious.

Just cosmetic.

Back