free website stats program Chaps In the Rain | Harley Davidson Forums

Chaps In the Rain

Dr.Evil

I bought a pair of rain chaps yesterday, and now I am wondreing if I messed up. I do not own chaps so I do not know if my exposed pants will stay dry. I assumed while riding, the rain would blow by the seat area. Should I have just bought the pants?

When riding in the rain you are surounded by water. Either direct rain, or mist in the low pressure areas. Chaps might help in a shower, but in a real rain, I don't think so much.
I don't remember seeing rain chaps advertised, got info? I might be totally wrong.

I don't think they will help much. I know with my leather chaps when caught in the rain I have gotten a wet lap. A regular rain suit is the way to go in my opinion.
Duane

A nice rain suit does not always keep you perfectly dry... last year we covered New England... rained every day in Vermont...had no choice but to keep going. Makes it tolerable but not totally dry. Rain will find a way in !

Pretty sure I knew the answer, but as always THANKS for the good information. I will return them to J&P and order some pants. The reason I liked these chaps was that they came in a short size (not small) Any one seen rain pants for short, stout riders? I bought the HD jacket on line so I only need the pants.

I don't remember seeing rain pants in "short" length. You might consider bib type rain pants. My new suit has them. I like the suspenders, and extra coverage in the front.

You'll be wet. Rain has a way of getting in , no matter what. Even with rain gear, with enough rain, you'll be wet.

Pretty sure I knew the answer, but as always THANKS for the good information. I will return them to J&P and order some pants. The reason I liked these chaps was that they came in a short size (not small) Any one seen rain pants for short, stout riders? I bought the HD jacket on line so I only need the pants.

Dr.Evil, no harm...carry Ripstop Nylon Rain Jacket and Pants with elastic waist and cuffs (strap loops as well) and rain totes (boot covers). There are others who like Frog Togs, Tour Master, and Dry Rider... :D

Last edited:
Back