free website stats program Changing to chrome forks. | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing to chrome forks.

Fireguy

I would like to put chrome wheels and forks ect. on my UC. Everything looks pretty straight forward. The only thing I am concerned about is rebuilding the forks. Is it really that hard and while I have it apart should I consider changing the weight of my fork oil or is staying with the stock weight ok. The dealer said it would be about an hour of labor but I would rather get my hands dirty. Thanks guys.

might consider waiting until you want something else done to the bike. I complained about the fork tins (tarnished) when my bike was new, dealer said it would be considered owner neglect (bike was ~3 mos old) said they would present to HD, if they agreed to pay for replacement of the fork tins, would I be interested in chrome forks, (duh), got the chrome fork legs installed for free since all that had to be removed anyway to replace the fork tins, had new handlebars/cables, etc installed while they had it all apart anyway, saved me 1-2 hrs labor charge anyway going this route. Try it, got nothing to lose

Back