Changing to 21" front wheel

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Steve Deatherage, Apr 18, 2009.

I ordered my 21" front wheel for my street glide. Is there anything special I need to know to swap it out with my stock wheel. I ordered it with the hub,bearings,rotors,tire already installed. I cant imagine any problems but thought I would ask.
    My bike is a 2007 street glide and does not have ABS. To install the calipers on the new rotors I am sure I will need to spread the pads out because the new rotors will be thicker since they are new. Other than that I don't foresee any other problems.
    I was also told to drill the front fender mounting holes a little to make room to move the fender for better clearance. If you think of anything let me know. I will post pics when I'm done.

I went with the Renegade Tahoe 21" chrome wheel

1. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

When I hasd mine installed, I was told about 1/2 need the fender adjustment. They drill out the rear hole slightly and tilt the fender forward a touch.

Can't wait to see some pics.......

2. They only drilled the rear out. That makes since thanks for the help...

3. 1959 RoadKing

1959 RoadKing New Member

I put a 21" Renegade on my 09 RG and absolutley love the way it looks. Not very many like it here in the Ozarks. You will get tons of compliments for sure!!

4. Dakota-Mark

Dakota-Mark Member

I put a 21" on my 2003 Road King, love it also. I went with a klock werks fender so can't help you on that. I did the work myself, it was a easy swap. You will like the new front look, and get compliments I'm sure. Post some pics when you get it done....