free website stats program Changing the clutch basket | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing the clutch basket

89 FXRS

Changing the basket back to stock for a friend - I would like to know when I change the clutch basket do I need to replace the bearing (part no. 37906-90) He has the stock one out of his bike with the bearing in it, but was hearing that the bearing should be changed every time the basket is removed. Also is there any quirks like on the inner primary bearing and the snap ring going on wrong?

Changing the basket back to stock for a friend - I would like to know when I change the clutch basket do I need to replace the bearing (part no. 37906-90) He has the stock one out of his bike with the bearing in it, but was hearing that the bearing should be changed every time the basket is removed. Also is there any quirks like on the inner primary bearing and the snap ring going on wrong?

Why not install with a new bearing; cheap insurance. The snap ring on the IPB should be installed and positioned so that it does not obstruct the oil passage for lubrication from the inner primary oil. Some drill the hole a bit larger and some "coutersink" the opening for a funnel effect to catch more oil.

Dolt - the pic that you posted doesn't look like the bearing I'm referring to - are we talking about the same bearing?

Why not install with a new bearing; cheap insurance. The snap ring on the IPB should be installed and positioned so that it does not obstruct the oil passage for lubrication from the inner primary oil. Some drill the hole a bit larger and some "coutersink" the opening for a funnel effect to catch more oil.

Back