free website stats program Changing the baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing the baffles

danthern

2010 FXDC. I have a set of Rush Slip-ons with the 1.75" baffle. I cut the baffles in half to get a little more sound several months ago and have been happy with the sound and noticed no problem with performance. I happened to notice today that the baffle (or 1/2 baffle) in the upper pipe is gone. I guess the bolt and nut vibrated loose and it fell out. All I can figure. My question is, can I go back with a 2.00 baffle? Will it actually fit inside the pipe? Part # for the slip ons is 14201-175. Will I need to remap? I'd like the loudness without having to alter the baffles. Thanks in advance for any help.

2010 FXDC. I have a set of Rush Slip-ons with the 1.75" baffle. I cut the baffles in half to get a little more sound several months ago and have been happy with the sound and noticed no problem with performance. I happened to notice today that the baffle (or 1/2 baffle) in the upper pipe is gone. I guess the bolt and nut vibrated loose and it fell out. All I can figure. My question is, can I go back with a 2.00 baffle? Will it actually fit inside the pipe? Part # for the slip ons is 14201-175. Will I need to remap? I'd like the loudness without having to alter the baffles. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you were good to go before you should be fine with the 2 inch baffles, have you changed the air cleaner too, and already have new map? You can safely change the exhaust with out any major issues tho more fuel is a big plus:s

I haven't changed anything except the mufflers. Went from stock to the Rush 1.75, then modified the baffles as I said. I was hoping to get near the same level of loud from the 2.00 as the 1.75s after I cut them. I just wanted to be certain that the muffler itself will accept the 2.00 baffle and I won't need any mods.

I haven't changed anything except the mufflers. Went from stock to the Rush 1.75, then modified the baffles as I said. I was hoping to get near the same level of loud from the 2.00 as the 1.75s after I cut them. I just wanted to be certain that the muffler itself will accept the 2.00 baffle and I won't need any mods.

Rush Mufflers - Motorcycle Mufflers - Slip On Mufflers - Motorcycle Exhaust I dont know if this will help but here are some numbers you may be able to use

I think you are almost answering your own question...the key being measure inside diameter of the existing pipe making sure it is very slightly more than 2" diameter of your proposed baffles. Have your supplier use a caliper to measure the largest point...else an interference fit will result.

Your P/N ending in 175 tells me you have the 1 3/4" baffles. If there is the same P/N ending in 200 the 2" will fit. If the P/N changes but ends in 200 the main slip-on body has changed.

Back