free website stats program Changing Speed/Tach? | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Speed/Tach?

I want to change my stock gagues to the white face gagues. If I buy a set of gagues from ebay will I be able to have an HD dealer reset my mileage from my stock gagues to the new one. Or will they refuse since I didn't buy from them? Any info would help before I commit to buy.

That would depend on the dealer you use. If you bought the unit from them they would change it for you. Call them and ask.:s

Mileage is preset at time of order from vendor. I would suggest if mileage is close to what you already have install gauges and forget about it. If considerably lower and bike under warrty, a problem will occur trying to get warrty work done.

I want to change my stock gagues to the white face gagues. If I buy a set of gagues from ebay will I be able to have an HD dealer reset my mileage from my stock gagues to the new one. Or will they refuse since I didn't buy from them? Any info would help before I commit to buy.

Be sure to check and see that they will fit your bike - not all years are interchangeable - even though they look the same the plug ins are different

Back