free website stats program Changing slip ons require anything else? | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing slip ons require anything else?

Hey guys, I bought my bike with some brand of oval slip ons, unsure of the brand since I dont see any stamps/markings on them. I am thinking of getting some screamin eagle slip ons instead, I have a stage 1 kit already done as well, will I need to get the bike remapped or a dyno run or anything like that?
Im kind of under the impression that when you do a stage 1 kit you do it to that brand of exhaust, so if I change the exhaust it will throw everything off whack???
Thoughts??

Hey guys, I bought my bike with some brand of oval slip ons, unsure of the brand since I dont see any stamps/markings on them. I am thinking of getting some screamin eagle slip ons instead, I have a stage 1 kit already done as well, will I need to get the bike remapped or a dyno run or anything like that?
Im kind of under the impression that when you do a stage 1 kit you do it to that brand of exhaust, so if I change the exhaust it will throw everything off whack???
Thoughts??

If you already have the bike remapped for your existing stage one. Then you will not have to remap if you just change the slip ons.

Thoughts??

If your bike is running OK now, changing mufflers alone should not pose a big problem, if you change the AC you want to add more fuel to make up for the extra lean condition IMO, Capital Jack

Thanks guys for the replies, what if I were to go to tru duals, would I then need to change anything? Or the current mapping would work fine for those as well?
Jack, Your saying that a exhaust change doesnt require any remapping just changing the a/c requires the remapping??

Yes. You will need to change fuel with true duals. In stock form aside from open mufflers you can install any slip ons and bike will adjust. Once changing air filter assembly fueller will be needed especially if combined with mufflers that have been upgraded.

Thanks guys for the replies, what if I were to go to tru duals, would I then need to change anything? Or the current mapping would work fine for those as well?
Jack, Your saying that a exhaust change doesnt require any remapping just changing the a/c requires the remapping??

If you change both yes remap, or if you change the complete exhaust system, tho I did not on my 07 Streetbob, I had Cycleshack turnouts put on by the dealer when my bike got wrecked and have not added fuel and it runs good and the plugs are not white hot, Capital Jack

Jack, how do you like those cycleshacks? I have noticed they are pretty darn cheap! Can cheap and good be used together in this instance?:D

LOUD, LOL, I had to modify them a bit, cheap and good you bet, They have been around for a while, you can change the baffles to BIG CITY THUNDER for better sound and performance

Back