free website stats program Changing primary oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing primary oil

BOWHIKER

Yes i have read the self help topics which were very helpful . Here is my question , i have a 2009 soft tail night train , it does not have a primary inspection cover . The only removable cover on the primary case is the derby cover so i would assume this would be the only place to refill the oil in the primary am i right or am i missing some fill plug on the top ?

Thanks glider i did look at the complete oil change and printed it off , will be changing to moble 1 v-twin , spectro 75/140 and the hd in the primary . I also already made my one liter bottle to catch the oil when removing the filter also got the 37050 lisle tool for 2 bucks at the local motor supply place so i'm set . Heck who knows maybe i'll start a little side business doing this for other harley riders lol

I use the funnel that they sell for filling your ATF in car or truck to fill the primary. There's a little notch out at the bottom where the derby cover goes on and that little blue funnel with the long neck fits perfect. :s

Back