free website stats program Changing out the shifter rod | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing out the shifter rod

ImaRider

I think before it gives me any problems now is a good time to change out my shifter rod. My plan is to buy a pair of heim joints replacing the stock ends. What I don't know is what to do for new bolts to attach the heim joints to the shifting levers. Can anyone tell me what bolts they used if they have done this? The nearest hardware store is 35 miles away so I would like to have a solid list when I go.

I think before it gives me any problems now is a good time to change out my shifter rod. My plan is to buy a pair of heim joints replacing the stock ends. What I don't know is what to do for new bolts to attach the heim joints to the shifting levers. Can anyone tell me what bolts they used if they have done this? The nearest hardware store is 35 miles away so I would like to have a solid list when I go.

On my Streetbob the bolts are 5/16th, take your old rod with you, match up the threads and give yourself a bit more in length so you can lock washer and nut it :s Shifter Linkage - M/C Parts Here is where I got my linkage, H D wanted 2 times as much for the same linkage

Back