free website stats program Changing out the Screaming Eagle race tuner to the TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing out the Screaming Eagle race tuner to the TFI

elkhunter149

Account Removed
Anybody know what I would have to do to change my existing 08 roadking HD race tuner to the TFI plug and play unit? I get alot of popping on decelartion, and back fire. Take to the Stealiership or inhouse?:D

Last edited:
You would need the stock map in the ECM for the bike then just change it. Why do it thou being you have the SERT on it now other than the backfiring. A good tuner can richen the decel settings and eliminate it.

Glider thanks for the reply, U seem to know what U are talking about with the TFI. Are U saying I can just instal the TFI plug and play into the existing ecm with the HD race turner?
Ken

you could add it on but what hes saying is why when you have the SERT why not have a good tuner tune it right

I asked my local stealership about checking my race turner after six months of use and they said I didn't need to do that. I had read that they do need to be retuned. Thanks for the reminding. My roadking gets a good work out with the sidecar and our mountains.

If you had it tuned properly, there really shouldn't be a need to retune it. What I said above is to remove the SERT map, reinstall the stock map and then install a TFI if you wanted but again,have it tuned properly by a competent tuner to eliminate the decel popping.

Were there any mods done after the SERT install? The canned map should have taken most of the decel pop out of the bike.A custom map should fix your problems.

I had the reinhert true duals, screming eagle high flow filter and the race tuner all put on when new at the same time.

Back