free website stats program Changing out the Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing out the Radio

thepretender

I have an 01 Electric Glide Classic and the radio is shot. Can I Plug any radio in with an Universal adapter.
Thoughts ... suggestions

Shouldn't be a problem we put a waterproof marine radio in my brothers 99 EG standard years ago no issues:s

I have an 01 Electric Glide Classic and the radio is shot. Can I Plug any radio in with an Universal adapter.
Thoughts ... suggestions

As BigLew suggested above, try Radio Sound. For a flat fee (I think it is still US$135), they will send you back your radio fixed!!

TQ

There are a lot of marine radios out there with better performance and output that can be purchased for a fraction more than rebuilding the OEM unit. They fit in the same hole and for the most part are better when it comes to resisting the elements.

Try out Hog Tunes they have a switch over to Sony where you still can use your controls on the bars.

There are a lot of marine radios out there with better performance and output that can be purchased for a fraction more than rebuilding the OEM unit. They fit in the same hole and for the most part are better when it comes to resisting the elements.

Do they come with AVC and do they work with the handle bar controls.

Can you recommend any dealers or brands

I use the Delco marine radio that I purchased from macdonalds marina .I purchased the first one for my boat after the old one met an untimely demise.They have a plug to mate with the steering wheel control of my boat ,but when I bought one for the bike I had to hardwire it for the handlebar controls as I couldn't find an adapter anywhere.

Back