free website stats program Changing fork oil on my 04 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing fork oil on my 04 Wide Glide

Glydn

Does anyone have any tips on changing my fork oil , how to or how much . I asked my local dealer but that turned into a $200.00 dollar bill and no advise on how to do it myself
Thanks

Thanks! I'm gonna check these out for sure, I've got that coming up in the not to distant future. I've heard on the Dynas it's not just the simple drain plug on the bottom like other models.

Thanks! I'm gonna check these out for sure, I've got that coming up in the not to distant future. I've heard on the Dynas it's not just the simple drain plug on the bottom like other models.

No drain screws on 07 Dynas, you have to remove the top caps on the tubes, using a suction gun to remove the fluid:s

I did mine a couple of months back and replaced the oil using the SE fork oil (not the racing version) and it worked out Great. Yes, there is no drain hole.

I wonder why they put a drain hole on the softails but not the Dynas? Are the forks that different?

I wonder why they put a drain hole on the softails but not the Dynas? Are the forks that different?

The Dynas have been the experiment platform, plus cheap IMO, so you can bring it in for service:s

No drain screws on 07 Dynas, you have to remove the top caps on the tubes, using a suction gun to remove the fluid:s

I did mine a couple of months back and replaced the oil using the SE fork oil (not the racing version) and it worked out Great. Yes, there is no drain hole.

Well I'm glad I only have to remove the top caps to get it out. I was thinking it was worse than that.

I have a friend down the road that is an Amsoil dealer so I think I'm gonna try that Amsoil fork oil forgot what the name of it is. Otherwise I would try what you said. As usual appreciate your experienced advice.

That's a good question geezer, I think Jack's answer sounds pretty close to the truth of that one. Sometimes things are a mystery and sometimes if you follow the money trail the truth is at the end.

Back