free website stats program changing exhaust to full system from slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

changing exhaust to full system from slip ons

slyedog

2007 XL1200C.Have se street performer slip ons. Wanting to install a full system. Sound is o.k. from se with cycle shack baffles but not quite what I would like. Like the sound and fit of the V&H straightshots part # 17821, but don't want to lose any performance or waste $. Have a se stage 1 air cleaner and tune with tts mastertune. Any input appreciated.

I read through before and after posting. Doesn't give me any performance info pertaining to going from screamin eagle to a full system. I know how the sound will be from the straightshots just not the difference in tq vs hp throughout the rpm range.

I read through before and after posting. Doesn't give me any performance info pertaining to going from screamin eagle to a full system. I know how the sound will be from the straightshots just not the difference in tq vs hp throughout the rpm range.

Do you now have the cross over on the original pipes? Replacement pipes will eliminate that and give you more sound and better flow, tho you will need more fuel

Do you now have the cross over on the original pipes? Replacement pipes will eliminate that and give you more sound and better flow, tho you will need more fuel
It is. I bought it with the screamin eagles on it. I just changed the baffles(cycle shack se baffles) to get a better sound and put on new braided gaskets. I have a tts mastertune on the way that I will use to remap with. I just hope I don't lose much tq as the screamin eagles have a good tq curve. The new baffles changed sound but tq still feels good.

It is. I bought it with the screamin eagles on it. I just changed the baffles(cycle shack se baffles) to get a better sound and put on new braided gaskets. I have a tts mastertune on the way that I will use to remap with. I just hope I don't lose much tq as the screamin eagles have a good tq curve. The new baffles changed sound but tq still feels good.

I have cycle shack full turn outs on my Streetbob with my own homemade baffles, they are pretty loud but work GOOD:s

I have cycle shack full turn outs on my Streetbob with my own homemade baffles, they are pretty loud but work GOOD:s

I went ahead and ordered the straightshots. I think I will be satisfied once I get the tune dialed in. As long as my wife isn't to bothered from them when she is riding with me then all is good. :s

I had Straightshots on my Softail and went to their Big Radius 2-2's and thought I would take a dip in the torque curve with them but bought them because i really liked the look. It actually picked up a couple of ft lbs of torque. All I'm trying to say is I think V&H have their act together and produce a quality product that has had performance research done when bringing it to market. A proper tune is key when modifying any motor. I got great customer service from them also, even when i lost the mounting bolts and dogbones while doing a motor upgrade. They sent them to me for free. Just my .02
WAP.gif

Back