changing dash on 02 fxdl

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by babygirl2041, Nov 5, 2012.

1. babygirl2041

babygirl2041 New Member

I would like to update the look of my 02 dual gauge setup , does anyone know if the later style dashes fit the older model ? Any hints on updating the console would be helpful

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

2004-2009 FXDL dash's are supposed to interchange. I don't know about '10 up. Is this link like what you are after? Chrome Fuel Tank Console Used | eBay
    We have several Dyna owners on the forum, give more details and they will help.
    P.S. Welcome to the forum!

3. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

If you're looking for a chrome console like the black one you have, the P & A catalog has the set. Looking at $195, and the set fits '95-'03. Unfortunately, the one Breeze referenced is for later models than yours.

If you are after something entirely different, like a dash from a Wide Glide or Custom, I think you are also looking at a different tank. The Service Manual for my '07 Dyna shows three tank models and the FXDL tank matches only the FXDB. Might want to check with a parts guy at a dealership to see what fits and what it would cost. Wiring would have to modified.

Perhaps gauges from Dakota Digital? That would give an updated look for sure.

Good luck, and photos once your update is complete?

4. cdn-bigfoot

cdn-bigfoot Junior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  5. babygirl2041

babygirl2041 New Member

yes the chrome dash 2 gauge set up would help , but would love to go over to the new harley 4 inch one ....