free website stats program Changing brake pads [ easy - hard ]? | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing brake pads [ easy - hard ]?

I've changed disc pads on my truck and car but never on my 07 sportster. I really don't want to take it somewhere, would rather do it myself, any tips?:D

I've changed disc pads on my truck and car but never on my 07 sportster. I really don't want to take it somewhere, would rather do it myself, any tips?:D

Most H D pads come with very good instructions, if u can do a car u can do your bike:s

Read the service manual and go for it.
I have done them on sportsters, softail standards, deluxs and fatboys and had no problems. Don't know how long it takes other people to do a set but if you pay a steelership for an hour of work you payed too much.

Just did my neighbors 08 Streetbob with no instructions in less than 10 minutes Go For It:s

I have replace all of my bikes brake pads... And over the years experimented with many BRANDS and Styles. But always gone back to HD stock pads.

Not a hard Job BUT getting the Big Book for your bike is a Must if you want to do Most of your money-labor saving jobs. And do them right.

I have found that the Stock harley replacements are better for MY bikes and ME, the way I ride AB :roflnormal.....

There are many after-market products out there but for the stock bikes i have owned, it's HD.

Racing bikes or others May find a better product for Their Special applications but the stock HD pads Last a Long time and so do their Replacements......

signed....BUBBIE

Replacing the pads is easy. The key is to wash the works down with water first, clean the exposed piston areas as much as possible. I like to use a athletic shoe laces to clean all the way around the pistons before you push them back into the bores...this way you do not drive the junk into there and cause them to stick later on.

All good advice, I will add: Change brake fluid while you are doing pads.

Very easy to change pads. Did my 08 1200 about 2 weeks ago. Rear pads had about 5k miles left but decided to change while I had them off, Fronts were ok. 17k miles.

Back