free website stats program Changing battery cables on '12 UC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing battery cables on '12 UC

I tuned it and You have to got to a specific screen to turn it on or off.When You first load the map and tie the SEPST to the bike it turns the ACR off.I talked to a representative of Harley Davidson at a Bike Week and They told Me about the racers wanting to turn ACR off.I turned it on when I noticed it was off when I first setup on that Bike.However it somehow turned itself off sometime within the next year.I happened to look at it because I was having slow start issues when bike was hot.Like if You would stop for gas it would really crank slow.

OK. I am very mad and disappointed with myself!!! I am one of the quickest ones to ask other folks having some issues with their Harleys these two questions:

1. What was the last thing you did to the bike before the problem started?
2. What are the easiest things to do to check / do to solve the problem. Start with the easiest / cheapest first!!!

What did I do after replacing the battery cables when that did not solve the starting problem? I jumped to supposing that my problem was caused by one of the hardest to deal with (malfunctioning ACRs). Replacing those is a BIG job.

But checking / replacing the battery is one of the easiest (after checking / cleaning the battery terminal connections at both ends of each cable) things to do. And that is what it was!

So, lesson re-learned ... again!!!

Cheers,

TQ

Look at the bright side. Now you have some copper wire to recycle.
Glad to hear you have it fixed.

Look at the bright side. Now you have some copper wire to recycle.
Glad to hear you have it fixed.

Well I wanted to replace the OEM battery cables and spark plug wires anyway. The replacements are so much more robust than the OEM ones.

But jumping to the next step that the hard start had to be associated with a malfunction of the ACRs was my major goof up!!! So again, my message to the DIYers out there is to START with the last thing done to the bike, and then hit the easiest and cheapest stuff next.

Cheers,

TQ

Back