free website stats program Changing bars: Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing bars: Help!

RUSHMORE_14

I've been looking everywhere, I can't find any help changing bars for 11RKC internally wired. It was mentioned to me that there is a throttle issue. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be ever so appreciative.
Thanks
WAP.gif

Was looking at Wild 1 RG bars 1 1/4" pre drilled for internal wiring. Price I think, was $175 or so. I'm pretty sure I cand tackle it in my garage during the winter......BUT, if its not too much to install I would rather have it done. That link showed bars for about $800
WAP.gif

Was looking at Wild 1 RG bars 1 1/4" pre drilled for internal wiring. Price I think, was $175 or so. I'm pretty sure I cand tackle it in my garage during the winter......BUT, if its not too much to install I would rather have it done. That link showed bars for about $800
WAP.gif

These are a little cheaper with all the hand controls too: Ape Hanger Handlebar Kits Preassembled 1.25 Diameter Pre Wired! Hand Controls too! Harley Davidson Motorcycle Parts | Harley Davidson Accessories | Kuryakyn | Motorcycle Parts

The only real difference between the older and newer bars is a slot in the throttle end of the bar that the potentiometer fits into (this is your throttle by wire) and a few extra wires for it.So if you have done an older bar change this should be no problem...

Thanks Don
WAP.gif

No problem. Texas Tom probably is correct and with a little time changing the TBW bars is not to big a hassle. I have seen vendors that sell premade wire extensions if you need them. Good luck with the new bars and if you DIY put up some pix so we can all learn. Thanks again. Don

Back