free website stats program Changed to combination spedo/tach | Harley Davidson Forums

Changed to combination spedo/tach

I went with the handle bar mount tach on mine and wouldn't want to ride without it. Like you I'd never get over 3000 rpm without it. I don't wind it up to 5500 but it's nice to know what it's reving at. :)

Finally changed out my spedo for an combination spedo/tach. Absolutely love it. What I thought was winding it up was only around 3000 RPM. Great investment. Now I can safely turn the big twin loose.

Intall was very straight forward and only took about half an hour. I highly recomend the comnbination unit.

Harley-Davidson Combination Speedometer/Tachometer - Hot Bike Baggers Magazine

One of the first and best things to get changed on my '07 FXSTC.

Mine haunted me for 23,000 miles, it would quit or go well over 100 mark.
Always required ign. switch off and on to reset, even when moving.

It finally stuck with the speed needle at about 6 o'clock at 26000 miles.

In the mean time I replaced the relays, ign switch, speed sensor and cleaned and assembled with dielectric grease every connection on the bike, including the spades on the fuses attempting to correct the speedo problem.

Harley replaced it at 26000 miles, thanks to Bob Carey @ H D of Danbury & Harley costumer service .

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• IMG_1292 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1292 (Medium).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 27
I have the same speedo/tach on my Fatboy. Works great and something I don't care to be without.
Ishmael

Back