free website stats program change your fork oil | Harley Davidson Forums

change your fork oil

singly . the most overlooked part of your bike. changing you fork oil will make your bike ride better. dont be a schmoe..change you fluids regularly. changing your brake fluid is a good idea too.

the life you save......

For a new face on HDT you have a lot of wisdom in those words. Fluids change and routine maintenance done correctly and on schedule will save more than the few dollars doing it yourself. That is the fundamental reason why forums like HDT exist...:D

singly . the most overlooked part of your bike. changing you fork oil will make your bike ride better. dont be a schmoe..change you fluids regularly. changing your brake fluid is a good idea too.

the life you save......
Hey Shmoe! Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!!! Heh Heh, I crack me up!!!:lolrolling
All kidding aside, that’s great advice. My other bikes would need the fork oil flushed at about 25K miles. In addition the bushings would need to be replaced too.

...Just changed my oil on my 99 softail standard, after searching for a friend with a spanner to fit the top nut, used a quality snap-on adjustable in the end it worked a treat with no scratches or dings!...interestingly the oil that drained from both legs was different...one leg it was black the other more a very dark green...so the guy before may have used two different oils..or just changed one leg?...back on the road...and it just started to rain!!

On my sporty I installed new top caps that have an allen so you don't have to jack the bike up to swap the fork fluid. Makes it a whole heck a of lot easier than fighting the spring pressure too.

Back