free website stats program Change the Dash on an 06 Street Bob | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Change the Dash on an 06 Street Bob

That is SWEET! What all was involved in moving the switch and does the low fuel light still work without the gage? This is the only erea of my fxd that i dont like but didnt know this could be done. What was the cost, not including your paint?

Porkchop, I'm going to start a new thread so this one doesn't get hijacked.

This is a Softail dash. Think it would fit on my 2006 Street Bob? It looks like it should handle my existing speedo and indicator light strip. As well it would add a place to add a Softail ignition switch.

71202_03_M_1cca5.jpg

Here's the link to the HD online catalog.

This is a Softail dash. Think it would fit on my 2006 Street Bob? It looks like it should handle my existing speedo and indicator light strip. As well it would add a place to add a Softail ignition switch.

71202_03_M_1cca5.jpg

Here's the link to the HD online catalog.

I don't know this for sure, but I doubt it will fit. The contour on different model tanks are not usually the same. The mounting is likely different, as well. Lastly, most the Softails have the larger 5" speedo vs. your 4" speedo.

I don't know this for sure, but I doubt it will fit. The contour on different model tanks are not usually the same. The mounting is likely different, as well. Lastly, most the Softails have the larger 5" speedo vs. your 4" speedo.

Tanks for that.

08 FXDL SE2.
this dash is a perfect fit and predrilled for switch,only problem is price very expensive.i was quoated 13000 thai bhat= $525.

CDN- Chromeplater did the prep work inclusive in the price. Totalled about 130.00 including shipping. I used Brown's plating out of Kentucky. They did a real nice job. The switch was a standard 3 blade connector type. It is the FL Softail switch. picked it up at J&P Cycle for about 35.00, half the HD part.
Kept the original ignition as a fork lock.

JJ- Not real difficult on the ignition switch relocation. But it is time consuming to do it right and carefully. First decision is whether you want to use a stock dash and drill the hole(drill press is highly recommended) or purchase the Screaming Eagle dash. The SE comes with the hole for the ignition and is chromed from the factory. Looking back, I would have taken the SE route over using a stock dash. Wiring is straight forward but the ignition cables need to be extended to reach the new postion. If you go with a stock dash a mounting plate is necessary for the new ignition switch. I have some pictures of how it was done and part numbers and can provide you with greater detail and some swearing saving tips if you decide to go forward. Let me know if you want more detail. Finally, to give credit where due, I got the procedure from a member on another forum and refined it a bit.
I would like to get more details about relocation of ignition switch on 2006 street bob

Back