change exhaust on bike

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 2004RoadKingClassic, Apr 4, 2011.

1. 2004RoadKingClassic

2004RoadKingClassic New Member

I am looking to get some sound out of my bike and I would like to put a set of screaming eagle exhaust pipes on. Does anyone know if I have to remap my system or will it still perform ok without making any adjustment. The bike is just to quiet with the stock mufflers on it. I dont want it to loud but I would like to hear some of that Harley rumble

2. JROB4438

JROB4438 Member

You can run it like that for a bit but Id suggest getting a fuel tuner, as Im sure many others here would. Check out the TFI or GEN3 from Techlusion. Run a site search and you'll find hours of good reading about it.

3. SpringerSteve98

SpringerSteve98 Active Member

To do it right, and get the hp boost, throttle response, and fuel efficiency you will want a K&N filter (high flow), and a fuel tuner. If you just change the pipes you will make the already lean factory settings worse. It could cause you problems down the road.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

ECM Calibration And TFI - Harley Davidson Community if you want the most out of your bike

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Just to clarify - it does NOT have to be specifically a K&N filter. Many brands of high flow air filters are available to finish up your bike's Stage 1 upgrade.

6. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

When I did some dyno runs with my '02 Sportster, I made some numbers using both the stock and K&N A/C.

Surprisingly, there was very little difference in numbers.
    Kept the SE mufflers on the bike for both runs.
    Stock= HP 59.5 Torque 64.7
    K&N= HP 60.0 Torque 63.9

A friend wanted me to buy the K&N filter (it fit in the stock A/C housing) but with little change, I passed.

7. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

I know a guy that has one for sale in the for sale section, honest and as good looking as Jack

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

impossible!!!

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

Does he have a "stache" too? :lolrolling

[​IMG]

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Hey I resemble that nice touch Boss I think I have seen this guy somewhere HMMMMM:p