free website stats program Chain Tensioner Pic | Harley Davidson Forums

Chain Tensioner Pic

hotrodjohn

I pulled off the cover today to check my tensioners. Here is what I saw. The front looks ok in my opinion and the back looks like the font from what I can see in a dental mirror.

Attachments

• tensioner.jpg
    tensioner.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 578
They look real good to me..a lot of life left in them...What's the mileage?...I ride an '04 and changed them out @ 27k...mine were worn more than that but no where near the critical stage...keep changing that oil!..early and often!

They look real good to me..a lot of life left in them...What's the mileage?...I ride an '04 and changed them out @ 27k...mine were worn more than that but no where near the critical stage...keep changing that oil!..early and often!

26,000 miles I bought the bike at 20,000 and I dont know if they have ever been changed??

26,000 miles I bought the bike at 20,000 and I dont know if they have ever been changed??

They look VERY good for 26Kmiles. You might get your HD Dealership to run the VIN and see if they can find any maintenance history on the bike.

TQ

What kinda motor oil you running? They look good for 26k. I had to change mine out at 24k on my "02". The rear one was completely shot. I was running HD SE3. I change to Red Line, looked at em again at 78k and they still looked brand new.

What kinda motor oil you running? They look good for 26k. I had to change mine out at 24k on my "02". The rear one was completely shot. I was running HD SE3. I change to Red Line, looked at em again at 78k and they still looked brand new.

Man,,,, 78k(52k) and looking new,,,, I'd like to think the Redline Helped over SIN3 and cam chains SMOOOOOOOOth Off Sharp edges to be the other helper..

signed....BUBBIE

Not bad wear considering year and mileage...and as others have stated, results may be even better if heavier lubrication were used. If you have it apart, it may be easy to replace them now or if parts are not in stock at least you will be ready to replace the shoes when you have it apart again in the future.

I started with checking shoes @ 50,000KM/30,000M, didn't like what I saw, checked crank runout, so-so, ended up yarding the motor and putting my 103 stroker kit in.... what a slippery slope :D, think I caught the shoes just in time. Amsoil, changed early and often, though I can at times be an idiot with the throttle...

Dirk

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

Back