free website stats program chain drive conversion on a 2010 ultra limited | Harley Davidson Forums

chain drive conversion on a 2010 ultra limited

chopper75

im looking to do a chain drive conversion on a 2010 ultra limited
any suggestions would be great. i got a 113 and have broke 2 belts and need something different. inbox me please

im looking to do a chain drive conversion on a 2010 ultra limited
any suggestions would be great. i got a 113 and have broke 2 belts and need something different. inbox me please

Why can't replies just be posted to this thread so we can all be enlightened?

It would seem that there would be another problem that would cause the belts to break . HD uses belt drive on the 110" bikes with no problems and and people have modified those engines . I can't see 3 more cubes adding enough torque to break the belts .

There has to be some thing a miss here to break these belts I E bad alignment, tension wrong, these belts do not break for no reason JMO

I've got a buddy with a 2010 RK 120+ S&S and he is running a stock belt. This is a real torque motor and has no problem with the HD belt drive. Got to be something in the alignment. Do you live on a long gravel road? Do you know what is breaking the belt?

According to Gates Rubber, the main cause for cog belts to break is due to the belt climbing up on the pulley grooves. That can happen if the rear fork gets pulled forward due to worn bushings or the belt is too loose to start with.

Anything that would cause the distance between the wheel pulley and transmission output hub to decrease, would increase belt slack and cause the belt to climb on the pulley cogs.

I seriously doubt the belt is breaking because of excessive Torque. The Boss Hoss 502 use a belt system also. Yes, a bigger belt but it's not 5 times bigger.

But if chain is what you want, do it. It will hide the root cause for the belts breaking.

Back