Certop Gear Lube

Discussion in 'Oil' started by nogoslim, Oct 28, 2009.

1. nogoslim

nogoslim Active Member

A local bike shop put on a demo for this, supposed to be the cats meow, gear lube. It's called Certop Gear Lube. I found this info through google, but no web site. Has anyone ever heard of or used this product before?
    :coffee

CertopTM
    Advanced-performance multi-grade gear oil
    Lasts up to 4 times longer than conventional gear oils; available in 80W-90 and 85W-140

Certop is a heavy-duty gear oil specifically formulated for construction and heavy industrial equipment. Eliminates dry-start wear because it distributes lubrication over the entire gear train the instant gears start moving. Prevents seals from leaking. Displaces water for easy drainage, controls foaming, and lowers operating temperatures. Also prevents rust and corrosion. Oxidation inhibitors prolong oil life. Wide temperature range of -30°F to 320°F for 80W-90 and -5°F to 300°F for 80W-140.

APPLICATIONS: Recommended for use on differentials, limited-slip differentials, simple manual transmissions, axles, power dividers, gear trains, bronze gears (up to 200°F), and gearboxes including enclosed gears of spur type, hypoid, spiral bevel, worm, herringbone, helical, planetary, and unusual combinations of gear types.
    :read

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Oboy, just what we need, another super duper, does all lube for us to debate!
    :D
    It might be everything it claims, but I will stick with one of the tried and proven name brands. I don't care how long a mfg. claims thier oil lasts, I can't go that long without changing. :no

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Does everything but can you fry chicken in it?:D

I'll stick with the Spectro thanks!

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I'm trying to forget Slick 50 Smitty :lolrolling

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

mmmmm tastes like chicken let someone else try and true it first sounds like snake oil LOL

6. nogoslim

nogoslim Active Member

This is just about what I thought I'd hear. When I didn't find a web site for it, I figured it to be another cure all product for the foolish. Slick 50, my Dad fell for that back in the 70's. I passed on it myself since I was fresh out of the service and un-employed. I remember it being very expensive back then. I did some more searching online and came up with this: LubeMaster Construction A lot of people out of work out here trying to sell anything they can... I'm still trying to find Spectro 6-speed in my area, looks like I'm going for a long ride to get the stuff. Thanks guys...
    :rider

7. rjsogard

rjsogard Member

what ever happened to slick 50 and what was its down fall? i knew when i was younger i couldnt afford it so i didnt use it. just courious?

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Aside from the fact that is was so thick, it had teflon particles in it like sand granules and I can't see where that would be any good for an engine. First run through the filter and the filter would probably be clogged.:no

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

The teflon could not get hot enough to do all the things they said it would snake oil additive at best also it had potential for clogging the screen in the oil pump pick up