free website stats program Ceramic coating over chrome? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ceramic coating over chrome?

I have a Carlini Torque Plate that the chrome finish had started flaking off in spots. I wanted it stripped so I could have the torque plate redone in PolyDyn (teflon). Took it to a chrome place that stripped the torque plate to bare metal for about $15. Worth it!

Cheers,

TQ

Normally when you send something in to be replated (chromed) they will strip off all the old plating as the first step to prepare the metal.

You may want to check into having it stripped from a professional company and forgo the mess you'll encounter using chemicals yourself. JMHO.

Muriatic acid used for pools

You can find muriatic acid at any Home Depot, Lowes, Menards or probably a hardware store.
Yes, that's what they use to clean pools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since its chrome plating, might as well sand( 80 grit ) it same things as sandblasting to a point but without worry of particles inside.

Might just put them on later on send them off to Swans get them coated their and just pain them color I want
I just read an article from the owner of SUMAX and he stated that almost any color can be achieved with powder coating and that they use computer matching to get the match to paint.

Back