free website stats program Ceramic Coated Headers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ceramic Coated Headers

One more update. Wife and I went out for a two hour ride through the metro parks. My wife noticed that she was not getting as much heat off the pipes onto her feet. We had a couple of pretty long lights and I could tell the header was there but never got hot or uncomfortable. Granted still running around in 50 degree weather but things look good so far. Still not change in coloration on any part of the headers.

We were out on the bike for about 6 hours a couple of weekends ago. 86 degrees and through all sorts of small towns. The header did not cause the problems with burning thighs and such that I had experienced last year. No signs of any deteration of the coating,.

That looks good Mattman. I'll be interested in hearing your observations after you get some miles on them. Keep us posted.

Moores did the pipes on my 09 Ultra, very good service great price and fast turnaround. I dropped them off and picked them up done a week later.

My 2 cents:
I had ordered new headers and had them coated by JetHot, (as my original rear header cracked,) with the "chrome looking" ceramic coating. This was back in March of 2010 at 26,500 miles on the odometer. Now at 42,000 there is no discoloration at all on the front or rear pipe but the coating does look a bit different. Right were you would expect the most bluing/discoloration the finish looks a little flat. Like flat aluminum. As you move away from the "hot spot" the coating goes back to the original, brighter finish. I don't care about it, but just noting it. It could be surface oxidation just from the atmosphere, but I haven't attempted to try and clean it and I probably won't. I went with the ceramic coating to try and reduce the heat stress on the funky Y-pipe on the rear header. I will say that there are a few blue spots on my V&H Ovals, right where the exhaust pipe mounts to muffler. So, the ceramic coating definitely sends more heat back through the exhaust pipe. This did not happen with the original, non-coated headers.

I am a big fan of the ceramic coating and would definitely do it again. JetHot was great to work with and they often have discounts.

Back