free website stats program center stand | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

center stand

I've tried the board, and it works like a charm on the rear wheel. Haven't figured out how to get the front wheel off the ground using the centerstand yet.

Well, I guess you could put the center stand on the board and have your significant other sit on the passenger seat, which in theory should lift the front tire, when the rear tire goes down, then wash away.

Then again, washing my bike is my solitude time, so I'll stick with the lift.
:lolrolling

Well, I guess you could put the center stand on the board and have your significant other sit on the passenger seat, which in theory should lift the front tire, when the rear tire goes down, then wash away.

That sounds mighty dangerous. Not her sitting on the bike, but the perception she would have that you think she's heavy enough to offset the balance of an 800 lb bike. :cheers

I've tried the board, and it works like a charm on the rear wheel. Haven't figured out how to get the front wheel off the ground using the centerstand yet.

Depends on how well balanced the bike is on the centerstand. I made sure that the stand made the rear wheel clear the ground by 2-3" or so, and just the weight of a bowling ball approx. 16lbs on the luggage rack was enough to raise the front and lightly weight the back wheel to the ground. So getting the center of gravity and the centerstand located there is a bit of trial and error.

Back