free website stats program center stand | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

center stand

It says adjustable feet. Does this mean if you buy it now and lower your ride later it it can be adjusted and will still work? That would be a nice option if that is the case. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Really glad for this thread. I order myself a Wheeldock center stand today. Can't wait to get it installed. This should be much easier on my poor ole left knee.

One thing I hadn't thought about that is mentioned on the Wheeldock site, I should be able to get about another 1/2 gallon of fuel in my tank which will be great on road trips.

For those who have center stands or thought about the reasons why, I remembered this memorable post from Fifth Gear who really nailed it in post #13. Way back in the 80's I ordered one special for my metric sportbike, and loved it. Unfortunately there are no market suppliers for my beloved minimalist styled Sportster...:s

I guess another good reason to own a big inch bagger :D

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/9486-careful_with_your_centerstand.html

I guess another good reason to own a big inch bagger :D

You know...if you keep making these comments, eventually you are going to convince yourself!:s Do yourself a favor. Go down to the local HD shop for a "free" hotdog on Saturday like I did. You'll be forever glad you did.

Yeah, went to one last weekend and was eying a nice 05 Road King in all its' Blue and White glory...my hands were shak'in the whole time I was on her...:D

Last edited:
Well, I received my Wheeldock center stand this morning. It looks very well made and was a breeze to install. I can already see it's going to take some practice in learning to get my 900 pound behemoth (the bike, not me) up on it.

Does the center stand get in the way when trying to use a lift?

My Wheeldock stand is pretty much a flush install at the lift points I use to lift the bike. I just went out and tried my lift and it works perfectly. To me it was more difficult aligning the lift (without getting on the floor) with it on the center stand, so I believe I’ll be on the jiffy stand when lifting.

The web site says to lift the rear tire off the ground, place a ¾ inch piece of plywood under the stand. Not sure about the front tire. I’ve been using the lift to wash my bike and lifting slightly higher for the wheels to clear the ground when actually washing the tires and rims.

My Wheeldock stand is pretty much a flush install at the lift points I use to lift the bike. I just went out and tried my lift and it works perfectly. To me it was more difficult aligning the lift (without getting on the floor) with it on the center stand, so I believe I’ll be on the jiffy stand when lifting.

The web site says to lift the rear tire off the ground, place a ¾ inch piece of plywood under the stand. Not sure about the front tire. I’ve been using the lift to wash my bike and lifting slightly higher for the wheels to clear the ground when actually washing the tires and rims.

I've tried the board, and it works like a charm on the rear wheel. Haven't figured out how to get the front wheel off the ground using the centerstand yet.

Back