center stand

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 486fern, Jan 20, 2009.

1. 486fern

486fern New Member

can any one give me a heads up on a center stand for a 2006 electra glide what is the best kind at the best price. thanks

2. ProF

ProF Junior Member

If you type in "center stand" in the search box, you'll turn up 13 pages of threads on the subject. Have fun.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Sorry I don't remember the company but they were at Biketoberfest last October - maybe a search will turn them up as an official vendor or something. They were selling them installed for under $300 if my memory serves me correctly.

4. olddude

olddude Member

I have wheel doc on 2004 EGCU and I really like it, it took all of about 5 minutes to install. Don't remember the cost off hand but less than 300. Hope this helps.

5. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

I've got the WheelDock on my 08 SG, and like it. As olddude says, it took about 5 minutes to install.

6. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Active Member

I got a WheelDock on my 09 thru their XMas Special Great Product under $300 and great to work with

7. stevec314

stevec314 Member

Holly Cow you guys with the Wheeldock sold me on it as well. Just ordered one. I checked out the video and had to have it. Actually I was pondering getting a center stand anyway.

8. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

I think you'll really like it. It's really handy for doing maintenance without having to use a jack, and great when letting a passenger climb aboard.

9. stevec314

stevec314 Member

I bet it works great for changing oil too.

10. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

As for the Harley one, they are actually pretty slick, and the motorcycle goes up real easy.