free website stats program Cell phone - FL | Harley Davidson Forums

Cell phone - FL

bigcletus

Hi guys:

Next winter I plan on starting my new "career" as snowbird in the Tampa/St Pete's area. Can you tell which cell phone carrier has the best coverage/service, including LTE coverage ??

Thanks

Jack

Hi guys:

Next winter I plan on starting my new "career" as snowbird in the Tampa/St Pete's area. Can you tell which cell phone carrier has the best coverage/service, including LTE coverage ??

Thanks

Jack

that's a rough crowd down there i found out last Feb in saltsprins...sorry can't help you with the cell phone....:D

that's a rough crowd down there i found out last Feb in saltsprins...sorry can't help you with the cell phone....:D

i should clarify a bit better.... there is a fantastic bunch that i met last Feb, i was treated like a long lost friend (yes one they liked).....you will enjoy your time when your are around that bunch.....plus one is a photographer, and another has a wife that makes the best Stromboli i have ever eaten, the is list goes on ....:D

Been happy with Tmobile in the area for 15 years.

Sprint was terrible
AT&T was expensive
VZB in bed with our govt so they can keep their NW

Tmo upgrading lte in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most, if not all Cell service providers have a coverage map on there website. Be careful however, the maps may not be accurate. If possible explain what kind of coverage you want and where, then take a phone for a test drive.

Service here at my house is spotty sometimes. The sales staff at Verizon made every attempt to make it work. When it didn't work they were very understanding and didn't give me any trouble when I bailed out of the contract after a month of no service at home.

I had to go back to AT&T. As much as I don't like them, they are the ones who have been able to provide me service here at home. I'm typing this reply out in the yard, near the creek, while my laptop is tethered, (wirelessly) to the cell phone, (10 yards away?) in the house.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Yea Lorne you were one of them....LOL

and...the cell service in Salt Springs was terrible, just what I'd been looking for!

You have cell service now? No need to change as far as I'm concerned...
I have a FL area code and no longer live there.... Haven't for years...
Area codes these days re a moot issue....
Just this guys opinion....
Enjoy FL...lots of good riding....
Ride safe.....
WAP.gif

Back