free website stats program cd skiping for awhile | Harley Davidson Forums

cd skiping for awhile

dhog

Question? My cd player which is stock skips and stops when I first fire up and does this for a few min. then plays ok and doesn't do it again untli the next time I ride. It's started doing this about 6 months ago . The bike is an 05 model:newsmile012::42:

Question? My cd player which is stock skips and stops when I first fire up and does this for a few min. then plays ok and doesn't do it again untli the next time I ride. It's started doing this about 6 months ago . The bike is an 05 model:newsmile012::42:

I got an '03, and mine started doing that too just after I got it used in '05. Called Radio Sound, and the Tech told me to get a CD player cleaning disc and try that. Did so, but didn't really help. Ended up pulling the radio and sending it along with $135 to Radio Sound, and they sent it back totally reconditioned. Way worth the money in my book!!

RadioSound - Customer Service

TQ

Modern CD players should not skip...if under warranty send it back...if older than 10 years, it probably has poor technology (does not include a skip/error correcting buffer ckt that was so prevalent in the middle 90's to prevent this problem on mobile CD players. Get it fixed...digital technology gets long on tooth if left alone, expecially without any hardware/software updates.

Just the way modern Quality Assurance works...test product for basic functions that will get the hardware and software past the warranty period...new technology will eclipse it in a couple years anyway. Sad but true, latent defects, especially in software is standard fare, why do you think it takes so long for even a big company like Microsoft to come up with a new piece of software, knowing it will have a major point release to fix all the bugs afterwords and telling you "BUT THE UPGRADE IS FREE"...just be thankful we don't charge you for it (...YET)?

I would first clean the player with a cleaning disc, clean the CD's, check to see if the mount is stable and the wiring is not loose, if that doesn't fix the problem, consult the manufacturer and follow their suggestions...luck

Sorry - but - are you saying you have the cd player on when you start your scoot? another thing - does it still do it after you been on the road for a little while????

Back