free website stats program CB/Intercom ? | Harley Davidson Forums

CB/Intercom ?

Taking 1st multi day trip with wife and plan to use the CB and Intercom both at the same time on my 2011 Electra Glide Ultra.
We have only used intercom and never the CB. I read manual and can't find answer I am looking for.

My questions are:

1. With CB on and Intercom on if we use the PTT buttons it will transmit on CB correct?

2. Will intercom VOX transmit on CB if CB and Intercom is on or is the VOX just for our private chat.

The manual does not explain that too well.

...Thanks Mike & Lisa

Hi Mike,

1) When both the cb and intercom are on when you push the PTT your conversation will transmit on the cb channel. The good thing is the cb channel does not have a long range, and if you are on channel 1 not much traffic there. I just did 4500 miles, had both on and no issues. When we got into Sturgis where there were a lot of other bikes I had bleed over, but not much.

2) When you do not push the PTT and the VOX activates to open the channel you will not transmit onto the cb. It's a private conversation.

Have fun on your trip and be safe....

2001 Ultra lost my radio manual I have used VOX w/headset w/CB a while back
now I am wanting to monitor CB on speakers? I see signal coming thru
when I recieve xmission & it cuts out FM but dont here it on Speakers?

Try toggling your speaker switch from off (headset only); to the middle (radio on speakers/cb & intercom on headset); and bottom (cb & radio on speakers).

Back