free website stats program Caught out after dark | Harley Davidson Forums

Caught out after dark

Sunnysideup

Up until this weekend I have kept all my riding during daylight hours but this weekend I got caught out past dark. Was having so much fun with my friends that I let time get away and it was past 10 before I headed for the house. WOW, I loved it! All the lights were so bright and colorful, it was cool, just a neat ride. I realize many of you probably ride all the time at night especially those of you that use your bike as a primary source of transportation but I don't. I ride after work for stress relief or weekend day runs with friends.

Was interested in seeing how many of you enjoy riding in the evenings just for the sake of enjoyment.

God Bless our Fighting men and women; past, current, and future.

When the weather heats up here in Texas I prefer riding at night, much more enjoyable and less traffic too..............

I enjoy riding in the dark, but I get a lot of reflection in the windshield from my running lights. I ride different at night by looking over windshield (instead of through windshield most of the time in daylight).

Don't really mind night driving here in NE, but the bugs are terrible & there's always the
threatening" deer scare out of nowhere...:sd

I'm pretty new to riding, (I still don't have my license plates yet) and I love riding after sunset. Less heat, less wind, less traffic, and the traffic that is there I can see better. The only thing that is a little frightening about the prospect of night riding is the danger that comes from deer. As long as you stay to the urban areas that isn't too bad of a risk. I encourage you to ride and enjoy all hours as much as possible.

When I cant sleep which happens alot a midnight ride is just what I need, the bike runs strong the air is crisp and the roads are wide open:s

Same here, being from the San Antonio area. Just have to be careful for the nocturnal critters when out on the rural roads. I've came close to becoming hamburger meat, literally, when a cow decided to take a nap on FM775 near La Vernia. I swerved just in time ... brakes wouldn't have been quick enough. But in populated areas night driving is my favorite time to ride.

Holy cow..You could have been killed...Kiding..I dont know how you ever saw that cow at nite but Im glad you did.. I like riding at nite but the bugs are thick:D

I got caught out last weekend 3 hours from home, and did not get home till midnight. The last time I was out that late was 10 years ago. Boy was I glad to get home.:sd:51:

Night riding has always been my favorite time. The older I get, the less I do it, because of all the deer. I've had 3 friends hit them in 3 years, results were not good for any of the involved.

The first time I got caught out after dark I didn't have any clear glasses. It can be interesting riding in the dark with sun glasses :) I know make sure I have a pair of clear glasses in the bag.

Back