free website stats program Cats removed from head pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cats removed from head pipes

I have delt with Fullsac and you won't find a better guy to deal with. As far as the Fed's, I believe Fullsac is on a Indian reservation. How lucky is that. I removed my cat and there is no way you can tell that is gone. I have another pipe with a cat for the days of smog checks.

Smart move saving the cat pipe takeoffs...'cause you never know when the heavy hand of the law will weigh-in...

I have a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Classic( Km 850 ) and removed the cats by cutting header, drill out cat and reweld, it makes a big difference in performance and loader with standard AC and Mufflers. I then fitted the SC AC with V&H Monster Ovals without tuner and with the result of some bottom end power lost, no back firing or popping. The bike was then remapped by means of SC Super Tuner by the HD agent, it now goes like the clappers, next move will be to put it on a Dino to check and fine tune

A previous statement that removing the cat can burn the CO2 sencors I do not think will happen as the cat is posision behind (after) them in the system

I think it was worth removing if the law allows

Jan

Dubai

Steve at fullsac is no longer removing the cat from your stock exhaust. I talked to him for an OK, and with his blessings I will decat your exhaust for you. PM me. Before we state all the fed laws,you send me your pipe and you put it back on. And for all the guys that have taken off there pipe and installed true duals or non cat exhaust pipes, it's the same thing. Thanks

I did it the easy way. V&H Power Duels on my FLHTK. Maybe not as cheap as removing the CATS, but saved them incase I ever need them. If they ever start smog checking the bikes here in Calif, I'll just put stock back on and unplug my Power Comander.

Back