free website stats program cat removal | Harley Davidson Forums

cat removal

mbennett

will changing header pipes to those like american customs or wild pigs without a cat decrease the heat on my thigh and ankle enough to make it worth the cost?

Well, the heat will be reduced, I'm sure. Worth the cost? That's up to you.

I have a 2010 FLHTK and the heat was almost unbearable. I live in California and it get's hot in the summer....The first thing I did was remove the cat. I went with V&H Power Duals and Hi Out-put slip on's, I also did a stage one and added a PCV. The heat was greatly reduced. Can"t say how much the PCV and stage one alone added to controlling the heat, as I did it all at once, but I can tell you as a combination the heat was greatly reduced. In my opinion it was very much worth the money. Not only did it cool the bike (but understand it still get s hot...it's a Harley), but the motor runs cooler which helps the life of the motor, and my wife was most happy...happy wife, happy life!

Can't say it will help the thigh since the rocker is so close there. But it should definitely help the ankle and help free up some breathing for your engine. The EPA just recently started requiring cats on bikes. Unfortunately Harley choose to put them in the header pipes which makes a cut out and patch requirement or some folks just trade the old pipes in on premade non-cat header pipes. Kawasakit puts their Cats in the muffler so a set of slipons solves the issue nicely there.

Heat will be reduced,should help the thigh some.Won't have that heat coming up from the cat. Got a 2-1-2 header decatted ready for a new owner if your interested,PM me we'll talk.

I'm not sure when the cats were added, 2009-2010, but they are in the head pipes not the mufflers. So if your model came with cats and you are using the stock header pipes you still have cats.

I'm not sure when the cats were added, 2009-2010, but they are in the head pipes not the mufflers. So if your model came with cats and you are using the stock header pipes you still have cats.

I'm pretty sure 2009 was the last year of no cats. And first year of new frame on touring bikes. So, if you're looking for a used bike, 2009 is a very good choice.

Sweet thats what I was hoping, The Rineharts were put on at dealer before it left the show room floor. Salt Lake City Utah. I'm completing the stag 1 and Dobeck (GEN 3); so I wanted the most bang for my buck on air in-and-out. Thanks.. :bigsmiley11:

Back