free website stats program Cat removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Cat removal

tubguy

I know this has probably been asked but couldn`t find any answers..... I have a 2010 Utra with a stock 96 and V&h slip-ons and am strting the stage 1 slowly. I`m wanting to remove the cat from the header pipe and want to know if I need a TFI after the cat removal. My plans are cut header pipe remove cat and reweld.... All your words of wisdom will help, so thanks in advance..

Find yourself a 2009 header pipe. Not recommended to remove cat especially with EPA getting more involved with motorcycles. You may need the cat pipe. Even in stock form a fueler is helpful.

Find yourself a 2009 header pipe. Not recommended to remove cat especially with EPA getting more involved with motorcycles. You may need the cat pipe. Even in stock form a fueler is helpful.
Dbmg, Thankyou for the info. I wasnt to worried about the EPA, iI`m in Canada and don`t think that it is as much a worry here as in the US. And i have been looking for a 09 header pipe but a hard thing to come by.

There was a link here on how to remove the CAT, but it appears to be gone.
Anyways, i heard you do not need a TFI. if you remove the cat, but in my opinion you are going to, because you are losing back pressure.

I went with a set of 09 headpipes and kept my stock, just in case

My dealer is removing the cats i think for $ 50. but then they ar epushing you to get their Racetuner, dyno.

I added the Gen3, samething as the TFI....best choice for me

Dbmg, Thankyou for the info. I wasnt to worried about the EPA, iI`m in Canada and don`t think that it is as much a worry here as in the US. And i have been looking for a 09 header pipe but a hard thing to come by.

The link that was here had pics, showing, cutting in half, and using a air chisel to clean it out. Also, mark a stright line on the CAT before you cut, that way you can line it up before welding it back together :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me out here people!!! I have 2010 heads on my 10 Electra and want to remove them>>> Just found a person that drilled them out with a coring bit, has anyone done this or heard how successful it is and what size of coring bit thats needed .... Thanks Darin

Help me out here people!!! I have 2010 heads on my 10 Electra and want to remove them>>> Just found a person that drilled them out with a coring bit, has anyone done this or heard how successful it is and what size of coring bit thats needed .... Thanks Darin

Why do you want to drill your heads?:newsmile100: Maybe drill out the head pipes.

Back