free website stats program Carlisle bike fest | Harley Davidson Forums

Carlisle bike fest

Nitro-Fish

What a waste of time, just rode up (and back home) for Carlisle Bike Fest 2011 today; all in all about 400 miles. The only good thing I can say is the trip went well, but the show was a big disappointment; we arrived at 2:30 pm give or take a few minutes. We were going to camp overnight (yep even in the 95+ degree temperatures), but we didn't have to worry about that, the show was so bad that several vendors (of the little they had) were not even open and displaying their goods by 4:00pm. A trip to the food court that is usually packed during the car events was just another let down; most vendors were rolling up (or I should say down) the shutters by 4:30 pm.....come on, this is when you should be looking forward to the evening crowd arriving after a days work! Save yourself some aggravation and ride somewhere else, the event planners for this show need do do some more homework to see what bike fest is supposed to be. At least I still have the rest of the weekend to do something worthwhile now that I'm back in VA.

I here you. I only live 20 mins. from the show and won't waste my time. Not sure why but this show for the past few years has been a BIG disapointment. Glad you made it home safe.

I am heading up this year from Westmonster, MD. Will be going Saturday the 21st if anyone wants to ride up..:D

Carlisle bike fest 2012

Went to Carlisle this year. What a waste of time. I went on Sunday because of rain. There were NO big vendors, but there were plenty of used parts guys (mostly junk). I will NOT be attending or wasting my money next year!!!

I agree total waste of time ridiculous
WAP.gif

Back