free website stats program Careful of POTHOLES out there! | Harley Davidson Forums

Careful of POTHOLES out there!

SportyHawg

Its hard to drive over them in the car let alone on the bike. They are as big as a bathtub in some places. Keep your eyes on the road, don't let one take you down.

After inclement weather, I generally make it a habit not to drive at night and less traveled roads for that reason. Really, even roads that were tried and true do not fare well especially my favorite twisty ones and definitely not two up if I can help it. I spent too many years grooming my gal to love motorcycling and do not want it to go sour for any reason if I can help it.

Its hard to drive over them in the car let alone on the bike. They are as big as a bathtub in some places. Keep your eyes on the road, don't let one take you down.

I second that..

Almost broke a rim of the car on one the other day on the highway..

In the night, dark, no streetlights, little warning and it was laterally over 2/3rds of the lane..

One of those few times I was glad not to be there with my bike, not sure I would have lost it but I am sure it would have been quite a wobble and a few months of my life due to increased blood pressure and stress levels :)

Take care,

The roads in Michigan are the worst! I have to constantly be on the lookout for the "black holes".

May be a good idea to leave a little extra distance between you & the cage in front of you. They can straddle them, but they could send us flying. I've been out a couple of times this year so far (when weather & temps permit) & some of these potholes seem a whole lot bigger than usual.

With the economy like it is, the roads people seem slow to repair the holes, I agree with the heads up warning... Thanks for the reminder.

Dont have much of a problem with that here in Florida but if u do hit a pothole and u report it the city or state will cover your repairs

Here in Ohio, the roads are the same. With the deep freeze weather we had lately, it's no wonder the holes are so deep.

Yep, tis the season here in Maine too. The rain yesterday washed away all the repairs they did last year. The road I live on looks like a mine field.:bigsmiley29:

Back