free website stats program carb vs efi | Harley Davidson Forums

carb vs efi

cattech

I am looking for some feedback on the best opition. Carb or EFI.
The dealers I have talked to about it can't make up their minds.

I am looking for some feedback on the best opition. Carb or EFI.
The dealers I have talked to about it can't make up their minds.

This is my take on the two:
Depends if your a hands on type of guy or if you pay to have all work done for you.

If your a hands on type of guy & enjoy understanding how things work,,, EFI all the way. It's a Great world to be actively involved in.

If you don't enjoy electrical devices, want to just ride and pay people to do your work,, Carb is the way to go..

Carbs may be more user friendly and tuneable cheaper for a novice but I think FI is here to stay from an epa view

I vote for EFI. Sure, there are more gizmos that can go bad, but there's just no comparison in terms of getting the fueling spot-on everywhere. Plus, going out to the garage and thumbing the starter on a cold (or hot) bike, absolutely no comparison. EFI kicks butt.

I vote for EFI. Sure, there are more gizmos that can go bad, but there's just no comparison in terms of getting the fueling spot-on everywhere. Plus, going out to the garage and thumbing the starter on a cold (or hot) bike, absolutely no comparison. EFI kicks butt.

I've got one of each 94FLSTC, 05FLTRI and they both run very well. The EFI is something you can learn to deal with,and become proficient with the different adjustments and tuners available. But for an old gearhead there is nothing like a carb.:cheers

My current bike is my first EFI. I would never go back. One, I wish I had a dollar for every time I rode off without turning the petcock on. No petcock with EFI. Two, no enrichner. Start and ride away. And third, being a tech lover I like the idea of plugging my, or a dyno tuners, laptop into the bike and having hundreds more options in fuel flow, etc. than I had with two jets and a metering rod.

I have had and ridden several of each. EFI certainly has more to offer in terms of get on and go, but in my opinion as far as harleys go you cant beat a carb. The sound and pull cannot be duplicated. Dont get me wrong, I currently own and love an FLHX with EFI and a Big Shot tuner (Dobeck Performance). It is tuned great and runs good, But to me you cant beat the idle and sound of a carbed harley. Equally equiped The carb will pull stronger than EFI. Just one mans opinion. Wish I could have one of each.

I have had and ridden several of each. EFI certainly has more to offer in terms of get on and go, but in my opinion as far as harleys go you cant beat a carb. The sound and pull cannot be duplicated. Dont get me wrong, I currently own and love an FLHX with EFI and a Big Shot tuner (Dobeck Performance). It is tuned great and runs good, But to me you cant beat the idle and sound of a carbed harley. Equally equiped The carb will pull stronger than EFI. Just one mans opinion. Wish I could have one of each.

Play your cards right, save your money and most important-wait for it-Marry the Right Woman.:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling

I have one of each and IMO the efi is far superior to carbed. EFI-starts easier/faster runs smoother, better milage, no choke. It is like automobiles efi vs carbed, why would you want the hassle of carb?

Back