free website stats program Carb Removal Argument | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb Removal Argument

Here is the latest on the busted motor. The dealer is telling me that since I have a aftermarket backing plate . . .I have the one used with the K&N filter. . . .that he was able to use a 'special tool' . . .to just remove the float bowl. i didn't ask to see the tool . . .I was too . . . . angry . . . . So the bottom line is 3900 for a crate motor, new cam, head work and other stuff, like gaskets, oil and stuff.
So look like I am going to one more time try and be reasonable and try and work with him and see where that leads. But it does look like the legal system will have to be called upon to work this out.
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and options . . .
The saga continues and the worse part of all of this is it is finally riding season here and I am down for the season . . .well a part of it anyhow. :)

Have a good'n
2Tall

Here is the latest on the busted motor. The dealer is telling me that since I have a aftermarket backing plate . . .I have the one used with the K&N filter. . . .that he was able to use a 'special tool' . . .to just remove the float bowl. i didn't ask to see the tool . . .I was too . . . . angry . . . . So the bottom line is 3900 for a crate motor, new cam, head work and other stuff, like gaskets, oil and stuff.
So look like I am going to one more time try and be reasonable and try and work with him and see where that leads. But it does look like the legal system will have to be called upon to work this out.
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and options . . .
The saga continues and the worse part of all of this is it is finally riding season here and I am down for the season . . .well a part of it anyhow. :)

Have a good'n
2Tall
To all that helped me out with this issue- thanks for all the help!!!! KUDO's to ya!!!! The saga is about over and I am $5.5K out of pocket. Got a S&S hot shot kit and a year later it is up and running. As you all know when the motor is out, better to do the bottom end too- so that was done. Now it won't charge, the gas gauge doesn't work and even though i put a new oil pump on- still real low oil pressure and sounds like the compensator nut came loose but at least I have it back and will deal with the minor details as they arise.

Back