free website stats program carb question??? | Harley Davidson Forums

carb question???

Ian Wayne

My 02 wide glide has a back fire or cough during decelleration when its hot,also when i twist the throttle sometimes at idle,hot or cold? Is it running too rich,or too lean?? I've noticed the rear spark plug is alot darker than the front..the gaps are fine.Any tips would be greatly appreciated..Thanx Ian..

Thanks Glider for the reply. I'm going to do the jetting after I check for a intake leak and move the clean plug to the back cylinder and run it and see how it comes out.Great tips and info links, thanks very much!! I'll keep you posted...Ian.

Glider I read the tip ,but for years on the race car as well as on bikes and diesels we have used water with a touch of dishsoap and it works great! No worries in a heated condition of starting a fire it has happened at the track with WD 40. The dishsoap thickens it up just enought that it doesn't cause a piston to emplode if you have a bad air leak at high temperatures

Hey Steve. I was going to mention the soap trick as well i don't know how many times i've seen my brother work on race car carbs and use it?He also uses it on the diesel bus engines he fixes at work.Great to see your from Kitchener,were almost neighbours..Ian..

Hey Steve. I was going to mention the soap trick as well i don't know how many times i've seen my brother work on race car carbs and use it?He also uses it on the diesel bus engines he fixes at work.Great to see your from Kitchener,were almost neighbours..Ian..

Nice to meet you ,maybe we can hook up soon

Hey Ian

Nice ride and I think you solved your problem.

Maybe I will see you at the bike expo here in London in early Feb.

Fuzz

Back